Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sleep-blogging

Last night, as I was drifting off to sleep, an idea struck me.  An excellent idea.  An amazing idea.  The kind of idea that made me think: I really should put that in my blog!  I was so excited about this idea that I started drafting the post, right then and there-- lying in bed, deciding which adjectives sounded best in which order and  mulling over punctuation (how lame is it that I actually do that?)... and at some point while composing that most excellent and enthralling of blog posts, I fell asleep.  I have absolutely no memory of that idea, beyond being so excited about the prospect of sharing it.  I don't even remember a single phrase of the blog post I so meticulously thought out.  Which leads me to wonder: was I lying in bed, excitedly mind-drafting? Or was the whole thing a dream?  I have no idea.  But not remembering anything about that greatest and most amazing of ideas is starting to drive me a little bit nuts!!

No comments:

Post a Comment