Friday, September 17, 2010

Is It Wrong That I Hope This Doesn't Change?

My lovely daughter is dancing around the house and singing.  She does this a lot.  I smile when she does it, because it's one of those things I can look at and say, "Yes!  She gets that from me!"  (Especially the highly uncoordinated dance moves!)  Today she is singing a song that she's making up as she goes along:

Who is that girl?
She is a princess!
She is so beautiful in her white shirt and pink pants.
And in her pink flip flops.
She is so lovely and a beautiful princess.
And what is her name?
It is Jocelyn Olette Taylor!

She is certainly not lacking any self-esteem.  And a tiny, small part of me kind of hopes that never changes.  Sure, it makes her look a little bit self centered-- but what three-almost-four-year-old isn't??  She's also extremely sweet and kind to others.  If she can bring both of those traits with her into adulthood, well, I think she would be quite the force of nature, really.

1 comment: