Friday, October 15, 2010

Change-y Stuff

I am currently in the process of dropping my Spanish class (I should just be able to click "drop" on my schedule on the school's website, but it says I have an "advising hold." So, I'll find out what that's all about Monday).  Which, of course makes me feel like a total failure at life.  But despite all my efforts, and despite all of my confidence in my knowledge of the material, I just kept bombing the tests.  Somewhere between learning all the grammar rules, and putting them into context, something just went flying out of my mental window.  So, I will use the next few months to work on all of this on my own-- practice, practice, practice-- and give it another go next semester.

No more school on Mondays and Wednesdays means I will have tons more spare time-- and my home can stop looking like a frat house by the middle of the week!  Crock Pot meals will also be a little less necessary, however since it's winter (ok, fall... but it was 39 degrees this morning) I'll probably still try to get a Crock Pot Mondays post up once a week.  I'm going to put something in the slow-cooker today, I just haven't decided what it will be yet. Wait, scratch that. I just remembered I've got chicken thighs in the freezer and a whole day ahead of me-- chicken and dumplings tonight! Oh, that's gonna be soooo yummy!!

Oh! I suppose I should also include an update on our pumpkins... Brace yourself: They died.  Same as last year-- they grew beautifully, got gorgeous giant orange flowers all over them, and then withered up and died.  (And yes, I did remember to water them regularly.)  We'll try again next year, I suppose, but I'm not getting too hopeful!

1 comment: