Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Crock Pot Mondays: Fall Break

Have you noticed I'm only posting to the crock pot feature lately?  I guess I was right about one thing-- it keeps me coming back once a week.  I'm sure I'll have more brilliant blogging ideas at some point...

This week is fall break.  That means no school and no real need for the slow-cooker-- I can "regular" cook every night.  In fact, yesterday was the first time in quite awhile that I made a real hands-on meal rather than dumping raw ingredients in the crock pot and walking away, or throwing a frozen meal in the microwave.  It felt great!  I absolutely love the feeling of chopping and stirring and taste-testing as I go along.  It's a cathartic thing for me.  Some people are overwhelmed by the idea of preparing a meal at the end of a long day, approaching it thinking, "After all that, I still have to cook..."  But me?  Not at all.  It's a quiet time for me-- no matter how crazy my kids might be in the background.  After making supper last night, I was happy as a clam!  (Side note: Just how happy are clams?  Whose job was it to determine that clams were so happy we should measure our own happiness next to theirs?  These are the random thoughts I have...)

However, I can't imagine that I'll be letting my crock pot totally off the hook this week-- it's suddenly feeling very fall-like around here, with temperatures in the 40s in the morning and nothing more than the mid-70s by the afternoon.  I think tomorrow will be the perfect day to try out that Tortilla Soup I was talking about last week!

No comments:

Post a Comment