Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Crock Pot Mondays: Yeah, I Know It's Not Monday and Yeah I'm Still Calling It That

I haven't pulled out the slow cooker in several weeks, can you believe it?  Tonight's dinner will be a quick whatever-I-can-throw-together before the kids leave for church.  Tomorrow night's dinner, however will be a revival of sorts for my slow cooker, who must be feeling a little bit neglected as of late.

Since I don't have to worry any more about having everything ready before I leave, I'm going to serve it with some roasted potatoes, but you could probably throw in some potatoes to cook along with the meat if you wanted to.  I've never put potatoes in my slow cooker before (mostly because I'm pretty picky about potato preparation-- now, say that five times fast!), so unfortunately I cannot offer any guidance toward how to go about doing it.  That's what google is for, right?  (***Edit: I don't know why I said that.  Of course I've put potatoes in my slow cooker before; I do it every time I make stew.  I think what I meant to say was that I've never put just potatoes in my slow cooker.  Or I've never put potatoes in my slow cooker except when I make stew.  Really, I just don't know for sure what I meant when I said that.  Just thought you should know.***)

Slow Cooker Country Style Ribs

1 1/2 - 2lbs Country Style Pork Ribs
1 onion, sliced
2-3 cloves garlic, sliced
1 can cream of mushroom soup
3/4 cup water
salt and pepper

Scatter the sliced onions and garlic across the bottom of the slow cooker bowl. Top with the ribs. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Mix together the water and soup until smooth, then pour over the top.  Cook on high 3-4 hours or on low 6-8 hours.

I like to serve it with mashed potatoes or rice, as the sauce makes a nice gravy.

No comments:

Post a Comment