Friday, January 14, 2011

Never Underestimate The Lethal Power Of Sweet Tea

Ever since we bought our new computer, I've been a little possessive and protective toward it.  As soon as I set it up in the living room, I laid down the law:
Rule #1-- The kids were not allowed to get on it without parental supervision. (Ben was allowed to pick websites from the "favorites" section on the old computer.)
Rule #2-- No food or drink in front of the computer. Ever.

Rule #1 has not been a problem so far.

Guess who violated Rule #2, the one rule that I made abundantly sure was forever impressed upon the minds of my family?  Yeah, it was me.

Usually, I enjoy my "random internet stuff and morning coffee" time on a daily basis.  And every time I put my coffee mug down, I set it on the other side of the desk, without fail.  Amazingly, it was not morning coffee that so spectacularly doused my beloved computer.  It was sweet tea.  A lot of it.

Olette was eating lunch and asked me to help her with something (I think maybe she wanted her chair pulled out further, I don't remember now) so I set down the tea I was bringing into the living room on the desk as I walked by.  And then the unthinkable happened (and while I was right in the middle of facebook chatting with my best friend, no less) and as I walked back toward the computer, in a moment of spazz-tastic coordination, somehow my hand hit that glass of tea in just the right spot so that it toppled forward, and spilled-- completely-- all over the keyboard.

A week later, I finally have my computer back.

1 comment:

  1. I read the title of this post and thought this had to be written by Erika :-) I wwas right! hehe
    Glad your computer is fixed now. Funny how we can make rules and sometimes we're the first ones to break it. Live and learn, i guess. Glad it's all fixed :-) have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete