Thursday, March 24, 2011

In Case You Wondered...

Well, we have a verbal approval from the auditor and should have the written approval by Friday.  This is great, because I'm fairly certain our next move is to close on the house.  Which is wonderful, wonderful, awesome, and fantastic (and a few other happy adjectives that are currently eluding me because, apparently, I didn't make the coffee strong enough this morning).

I still don't have a job.  I am still sending out resumes on almost a daily basis.  A friend of mine told me that the little boutique-y type store where she works will be hiring soon.  It would be a great job, it's right in town (commute time: depending on traffic/lights, 5-10 minutes), and the pay and hours fit right into the minimum I need to make in order for us to pay all of our bills (and get groceries and put gas in the vehicles) with a little left over to spare each week.  So I'm really hoping I can work there.  Otherwise, tomorrow is my deadline, at which time I start putting in applications to work mass retail.  I've been holding off as long as possible.

I just wrote a hugely-long paragraph about why, but I deleted it.  Reading over it, I realized it didn't quite fit this post.  I also realized that it would make a lovely stand-alone blog post one day, and, if I do end up working mass-retail while I wait for the boutique job to open, it will absolutely end up as part of a regular feature!

So that's my update: We're moving ever closer to the moment when we become first-time homeowners.  And I still don't have a job.

No comments:

Post a Comment