Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Random Unrelated Things

--This morning I had to attend a meeting at the school for the parents of incoming K4 kids. Long digression: I'm not sure if I mentioned before (and, sorry, too lazy today to check) but after I signed Olette up for K4, we found out that she didn't get in, but would be put on a waiting list in case someone gave up their spot. I spent a long, long month stressing out about how I was going to manage child care once I started working, and about a week before moving day, I got a phone call from the school board letting me know that a spot opened up and it was Olette's if we wanted it. And of course we wanted it. I am sighing huge sighs of relief all over the place lately! I can get pretty much any job that comes along now, because I don't have to worry about going broke paying for daycare! (Digression over.) The program was explained to us, we met the teacher, and learned a little bit about what they'll be doing in K4 all year. I can say almost completely certainly: Olette's gonna love it!

--The microwave here in the new house is way more efficient than the one we had in our old trailer. I keep forgetting this. With our old one, I would reheat things a minute or two at a time, and it rarely took less than three minutes, even on the highest setting. This morning, in just one minute, I managed to turn the sausage from last night into lumps of tasty-smelling pork charcoal. The dog didn't mind.

--We've got almost all of the stuff from the trailer moved into here. Just a few things in the living room and our bedroom are waiting to be brought over. The pile of un-unpacked boxes in the dining room gets bigger all the time. Shouldn't it be shrinking? I think the Unpacking Fairy has been skipping our house. We brought the trampoline over-- the kids (ours and the neighbors'!) are ecstatic.

--Facebook has changed how they do groups. So I'm going to be working on moving everything from the Recipe Swap my friends and I use over to a blog. I'm optimistic-- and naive-- enough to think it will be a fun process. (Sometimes I tend to confuse process with finished product-- see my dining room for details-- and always wonder why I'm not enjoying what I'm working on more.)

No comments:

Post a Comment