Monday, September 5, 2011

I Miss the Sun!

Today being Monday and all, I should be posting something MommyBlog-ish. Unfortunately, fielding an entire weekend's worth of "I'm bored... why can't I go outside..." (from the kids, and, judging by the looks he's been giving me, the dog, too!) has turned my brain into a non-creative mush. We're on day three of Tropical Storm Lee, now, and I'm really starting to miss the sun. I'm pretty sure it's going to be weeks before our yard is no longer squishy and soggy and hiding beneath two inches of water (more, in the low spots).

Yesterday, I decided to go outside while it was just sprinkling a little bit, and get some pictures of the yard and neighborhood. I took a walk around the block, thinking it was so pleasant outside-- the little bit of drizzle made it nice and cool, and perfect walking weather. Until I got about halfway around the block and the sky decided to really open up. By the time I made it home, I was completely soaked!

As I'm typing now, little bits of sunshine are trying to peek through, but the clouds are putting up a pretty big fight!

Wilbur isn't really sure what to think...

This is how deep it was at the lowest spot in our yard, yesterday. 

We had a river that started on one end of our yard and went all the way down to the end of the neighborhood!

Why you should never assume it's a good idea to take a walk during a tropical storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment