Friday, October 7, 2011

The Evil Stomach Bug

Is there anything in the world more miserable than a stomach bug? Ok, probably yes. In fact, I'm pretty sure I recall childbirth being tough. And that time I somehow picked up parvo (people kind, not dog kind-- there's a difference) and all of my joints rebelled against me and every movement felt like a slow death for weeks. Or the time I had an emergency gall-bladder removal. So, yeah, sure... there are things that are more miserable than a stomach bug. It's just that it's really hard to remember that when you're in the middle of playing host to one. And that's what I was busy doing for the past couple days.

I woke up on Wednesday feeling a little queasy. But it was my first day of work, so it's not like I could just skip out. And I thought maybe I was just a little nervous. Granted, a couple hours of orientation is a really odd thing to be nervous about. But it's not like it would be the first time in my life that I got all nervous and freaked out by something small. I do that sometimes. But by the time I made it home a few hours later, it was extremely apparent: I caught a stomach bug.

So I spent the rest of my Wednesday and the entirety of my Thursday curled up on the couch or in bed, watching cheesy movies on Netflix and wishing I could temporarily remove my digestive system from my body until that mean, miserable stomach bug was ready to leave.

All of this is to say: I haven't been able to put together my Photography Friday post yet. And I have a whole lot of stuff to catch up on around here, so it probably won't go up at all today. And tomorrow is my mom's birthday party (she turned fifty yesterday!) at the beach, so we're spending the day down there. And I work Monday (and Sunday is devoted to family and football). So. See you sometime next week!

1 comment: