Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Worst Case Scenario

I had a headache earlier today, and so I took some Excedrin. This was a difficult decision, since it was already around 3:00. I had to weigh the options: Excedrin now, headache gone, wired until all hours of the night vs. no Excedrin, headache all afternoon, nothing else gets accomplished for the rest of the day. So, on the bright side, I have no headache anymore. I made it through the afternoon, got some more laundry done, and even made a batch of from-scratch biscuits to go with brinner (you know, breakfast for dinner) tonight. After dinner, I watched the kids play outside and ended up being drafted into a baseball game involving Ben, several of his neighborhood pals, my Hubby, and the step-dad of one of the neighborhood kids. It was loads of fun. On the not-so-bright (in fact, quite dark... the only light in here right now is from my computer screen and the light over the gecko's tank) side, it's 1:37am. And I'm still wide awake. Yeah.

But I figured, I'm up... there's nothing else to do right now... there's nothing good on tv, and by the time I finally choose anything on Netflix, it will probably be dawn. (Sometimes I get a little overwhelmed by all the possibilities... I love Netflix. A lot. But it's a complicated love. A love that fosters heated internal debates over the merits of various movie and television genres. ...but I may just be making it all more complicated than it needs to be... I do that sometimes.) So, I'll blog! Except I really don't have much to say right now. (Major let-down, huh?) So I'll leave you with this gem from my lovely daughter, instead:

Olette: What's this bite on my arm?
Me: Probably a mosquito bite.
Olette: No it isn't; mosquito bites are littler.
Me: Ok, well then why don't you tell me?
Olette: I think it's a spider bite. (dramatic pause) Probably a tarantula.

No comments:

Post a Comment